Conferences Related to IIIM
- Call for Papers: AGI 2012 Conference at Oxford University
The fifth annual conference on Artificial General Intelligence (AGI-12) will be held at University of Oxford, December 8-11. AGI-12 will be hosted by the Future of Humanity Institute at Oxford University and will be held together with the first conference on AGI Safety and Impacts.
- Research-centric Summer School in Interactive Robotics & Media
The Interactive Robots and Media Lab of NYU AD, New York University’s largest global campus, home to "IbnSina", the world's first arabic speaking android robot and the “FaceBots” social robots, is organizing its third international summer school, which will take place in 2012 between June 17 and July 12, with a duration of four weeks.
- Summary of Workshop on Self-Programming, 2011 (AGI-11, Google, CA.)
On Thursday, August 4, IIIM organized a workshop on self-programming in AGI systems at the Fourth Conference on Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) in Google's headquarters, Mountain View, CA. The workshop featured presentations by seven authors on the subject of self-programming systems and a panel discussion among the participants.
- Call for Papers: Self-Programming in AGI Systems – AGI-11 Workshop
Introducing a call for papers for the workshop on Self-Programming in AGI Systems. The workshop will be part of the next conference on Artificial General Intelligence, hosted by Google, Inc. This post includes a compact description of areas of interests. For full information, questions of interest and submission guidelines see our dedicated workshop page.
- Artificial General Intelligence 2011 (AGI-11) Workshop
View the website for the Fourth Conference on Artificial General Intelligence Self-Programming in AGI Systems Call for Papers The behavior of a computer system consists of a sequence of operations. A major difference between conventional systems and intelligent systems is that the former follow predetermined programs provided by human programmers, while the latter systems are […]
RANNÍS Funds – News and CFPs
“RANNIS administers the main public competitive funds and strategic research programmes in Iceland.”
- Paul Allen offers up $8M for artificial intelligence researchers to uncover ... - GeekWire
- What can a bionic drumming arm teach us about artificial intelligence? - io9
- Analyst: CarPlay Shows Apple Push for Artificial Intelligence - The Mac Observer
- Are the robots about to rise? Google's new director of engineering thinks so… - The Guardian
- More AI for developers as Expect Labs releases the MindMeld API - GigaOM
- Artificial Intelligence Pioneer Gives 'Her' A Thumbs Up - Deadline.com
- The Dawn of the Age of Artificial Intelligence - The Atlantic
- Why Watson Is Real Artificial Intelligence - Slate Magazine (blog)
- In Transcendence, artificial intelligence is viewed with suspicion - The Guardian (blog)
- Ray Kurzweil says the machines will think for themselves by 2040; also, we'll ... - Boston Business Journal
CORDIS FP7 Calls
“The Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) bundles all research-related EU initiatives together under a common roof playing a crucial role in reaching the goals of growth, competitiveness and employment [...]”
- Third International Conference on Prehypertension & Cardio Metabolic Syndrome, Warsaw, Poland
Event date: 2014-03-27 The Third International Conference on Prehypertension & Cardio Metabolic Syndrome (PreHT 2014) will be held from 27 to 30 March 2014 in Warsaw, Poland. Prehypertension is usually associated with other components of the metabolic syndrome such as obesity or glucose intolerance. In most developing countries and in the urban areas of many countries, one in five to one in three adults fall in the category of prehypertension therefore guidelines in the field have substantial public health importance. This conference aims to deal with all aspects related to early diagnosis, including innovative technologies and treatments. It will bring together professionals from the fields of hypertension, nephrology, endocrinology, internal medicine and cardiology.
Quality validation date: 2013-09-09
- 13th International Geneva / Springfield Symposium on Advances in Alzheimer Therapy, Geneva, Switzerland
Event date: 2014-03-26 The 13th International Geneva / Springfield Symposium on Advances in Alzheimer Therapy will be held from 26 to 29 March 2014 in Geneva, Switzerland. Neurological diseases such as Alzheimer's are chronic and incurable. Although we have achieved a better understanding of the illness, further research is required to develop patient-centred treatment therapies. This conference aims to address new targets for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and novel approaches to current therapy. Areas of discussion include drug discovery, clinical trials and diagnostic procedures. The event will bring together neurologists, psychiatrists and pharmacologists to examine the latest research in therapeutic treatment for Alzheimer's disease.
Quality validation date: 2013-07-09
- Ninth International Congress on Autoimmunity, Nice, France
Event date: 2014-03-26 The Ninth International Congress on Autoimmunity will be held from 26 to 30 March 2014 in Nice, France. In many ways the immune system can be considered the body's natural armour in protecting us against harmful diseases and infections. Though advances in autoimmunity research have led to improved therapy treatments, there are still many challenges ahead in understanding the root causes of autoimmune diseases. This conference aims to build upon previous meetings in the field of autoimmunity by addressing the genetic, etiological and clinical aspects of autoimmune diseases. Topics of discussion include protective antibodies, biological drugs in addition to central nervous system activity. The event will bring together experts in immunology, rheumatology and related medical fields to present their research and findings in the newest therapeutic techniques and diagnostic tools for treating autoimmune diseases.
Quality validation date: 2013-06-13
- Fourth Global Conference Experiential Learning in Virtual Worlds, Prague, Czech Republic
Event date: 2014-03-22 The Fourth Global Conference Experiential Learning in Virtual Worlds will be held from 22 to 24 March 2014 in Prague, Czech Republic. Interest in 3D virtual worlds and their application to learning have increased significantly in recent years. They play an increasingly important role for people in both social and work-based contexts and challenge many of our assumptions about how we work, teach, learn and relate to each other. The main aims of this conference are to increase understanding of experiential learning in virtual worlds, both formal and informal. Participants will have the opportunity to share experiences and debate future possibilities for learning in virtual worlds. The conference will attract a diverse audience including educators, researchers, students, independent scholars, ICT experts and virtual world users.
Quality validation date: 2013-10-28
- 'Update in Neonatal Care', Vienna, Austria
Event date: 2014-03-21 An 'Update in Neonatal Care' will be held from 21 to 23 March 2014 in Vienna, Austria. One out of nine mothers do not carry to full term and roughly 100 000 babies end up in a neonatal intensive care unit each year. This event aims to examine the latest developments in the neonatal care research. It will cover topics on the role of probiotic and prebiotics, immunisation and drug therapy in neonatology.
Quality validation date: 2013-10-11