Conferences Related to IIIM
- Call for Papers: AGI 2012 Conference at Oxford University
The fifth annual conference on Artificial General Intelligence (AGI-12) will be held at University of Oxford, December 8-11. AGI-12 will be hosted by the Future of Humanity Institute at Oxford University and will be held together with the first conference on AGI Safety and Impacts.
- Research-centric Summer School in Interactive Robotics & Media
The Interactive Robots and Media Lab of NYU AD, New York University’s largest global campus, home to "IbnSina", the world's first arabic speaking android robot and the “FaceBots” social robots, is organizing its third international summer school, which will take place in 2012 between June 17 and July 12, with a duration of four weeks.
- Summary of Workshop on Self-Programming, 2011 (AGI-11, Google, CA.)
On Thursday, August 4, IIIM organized a workshop on self-programming in AGI systems at the Fourth Conference on Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) in Google's headquarters, Mountain View, CA. The workshop featured presentations by seven authors on the subject of self-programming systems and a panel discussion among the participants.
- Call for Papers: Self-Programming in AGI Systems – AGI-11 Workshop
Introducing a call for papers for the workshop on Self-Programming in AGI Systems. The workshop will be part of the next conference on Artificial General Intelligence, hosted by Google, Inc. This post includes a compact description of areas of interests. For full information, questions of interest and submission guidelines see our dedicated workshop page.
- Artificial General Intelligence 2011 (AGI-11) Workshop
View the website for the Fourth Conference on Artificial General Intelligence Self-Programming in AGI Systems Call for Papers The behavior of a computer system consists of a sequence of operations. A major difference between conventional systems and intelligent systems is that the former follow predetermined programs provided by human programmers, while the latter systems are […]
RANNÍS Funds – News and CFPs
“RANNIS administers the main public competitive funds and strategic research programmes in Iceland.”
- Rannsóknasjóður - umsóknarfrestur til 2. júní 2014
Hlutverk Rannsóknasjóðs er að styrkja vísindarannsóknir og rannsóknatengt framhaldsnám á Íslandi. Í þeim tilgangi styrkir sjóðurinn skilgreind rannsóknaverkefni einstaklinga, rannsóknahópa, háskóla, rannsóknastofnana og fyrirtækja.
- Úthlutun Nýsköpunarsjóðs námsmanna 2014
Stjórn Nýsköpunarsjóðs námsmanna hefur lokið mati umsókna og liggur úthlutun sumarsins 2014 nú fyrir.
- Meniga hlýtur Nýsköpunar­verðlaun Íslands 2014
Fyrirtækið Meniga hlaut Nýsköpunarverðlaun Íslands 2014 sem afhent voru á Nýsköpunarþingi 10. apríl, en Meniga er íslenskt hugbúnaðarfyrirtæki sem er markaðsleiðandi í Evrópu á sviði heimilisfjármálahugbúnaðar, með sautján viðskiptavini í fjórtán löndum.
- Ísland eina landið sem ekki bætir árangur sinn í nýsköpun
Í nýrri skýrslu Evrópusambandsins, Innovation Union Scoreboard 2014, kemur fram að árangur Íslands er meiri en að jafnaði meðal annarra Evrópuþjóða.
- Belmont Forum auglýsir eftir umsóknum
Umsóknarfrestur er til 31. júlí 2014
- Google, Facebook and other tech companies race to develop artificial intelligence - San Jose Mercury News
- Artificial intelligence - Missoula Independent
- Superintelligent AI Could Wipe Out Humanity, If We're Not Ready for It - Motherboard
- Toonz forays into artificial intelligence toys, films - Daijiworld.com
- Utrip says its artificial intelligence will help you plan the perfect EuroTrip - VentureBeat
- Artificial Intelligence Gets A Boost With Hardware-Centric Nervana's $600K ... - TechCrunch
- 'Transcendence': Latest Sci-Fi Movie About Artificial Intelligence - NPR
- Seven AI Movies That Are Better Than Transcendence - TIME
- 10 Reasons an Artificial Intelligence Wouldn't Turn Evil - io9
- Artificial Intelligence Startup Vicarious Grabs Funding From Bezos, Benioff ... - TechCrunch
CORDIS FP7 Calls
“The Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) bundles all research-related EU initiatives together under a common roof playing a crucial role in reaching the goals of growth, competitiveness and employment [...]”
- Seventh World Congress of the World Institute of Pain, Maastricht, the Netherlands
Event date: 2014-05-07 The Seventh World Congress of the World Institute of Pain will be held from 7 to 10 May 2014 in Maastricht, the Netherlands. Aimed at physicians, researchers, students and nurses, this congress will bring together healthcare professionals with a special focus on pain management. Participants will learn of the latest breakthroughs in pain management interventional techniques through a combination of practical workshops and theoretical sessions.
Quality validation date: 2013-11-04
- 'Tumour Microenvironment and Signalling', Heidelberg, Germany
Event date: 2014-05-07 A conference on 'Tumour Microenvironment and Signalling' will be held from 7 to 10 May 2014 in Heidelberg, Germany. To fully understand tumour development and progression, a deeper knowledge of the transmissions between tumour cells and their microenvironment and the interactions between cancer cells and cancer stem cells is needed. This conference brings together researchers from complementary fields to enhance our understanding of the communication between cancer cells and their microenvironment. It will address important lines of research related the pathogenesis of cancer.
Quality validation date: 2013-11-18
- First Global Conference: Sexuality and Disability, Lisbon, Portugal
Event date: 2014-05-06 The First Global Conference: Sexuality and Disability will be held from 6 to 8 May 2014 in Lisbon, Portugal. The aim of the conference is to challenge popular conceptions and perceptions of sexuality and disability. To help meet this goal, organisers are inviting interested participants to submit academic papers, whilst there will be a platform for discussion open for a variety of different aspects of the area to be discussed. Themes to be addressed will include personal experiences of disability and sexuality and the role of sex workers, community programs and the work of sex educators. There will be a number of different workshops throughout the event, and those who are interested are invited to apply by 7 March 2014.
Quality validation date: 2014-02-28
- 16th European Congress of Endocrinology, Wroclaw, Poland
Event date: 2014-05-03 The 16th European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE 2014) will be held from 3 to 7 May 2014 in Wroclaw, Poland. Endocrinology is a field of medicine concerned with the physiological functions of hormones. As most endocrine disorders are chronic diseases, patients will often require lifelong care. This conference will focus on the latest advances in endocrinology. It will bring together endocrinologists and medical researchers to discuss a broad range of topics from endocrine related disorder treatment therapies to clinical practice and diagnostics.
Quality validation date: 2013-08-19
- Fourth Global Conference: Femininities and Masculinities, Lisbon Portugal
Event date: 2014-05-02 The Fourth Global Conference: Femininities and Masculinities will take place from 2 to 4 May 2014 in Lisbon, Portugal. The study of gender is an interdisciplinary field of academic research on the issues of femininity and masculinity in their social and cultural contexts. As such, the conference aims is to bring together people from different areas and interests to share ideas and explore various discussions related to area. Some core themes include representations of femininity and masculinity, gender borders and transgressions, new directions, global and regional perspectives on gender, gender in relationships and in gender in experience. The event, which will take place over three days, will be led by the steering group of the project, who are a number of academics interested in the field. Registration will close on 7 March 2014 and will cost £295.
Quality validation date: 2014-02-28